McAfee Antivirus software works to block viruses from entering your computer system and kill or quarantine viruses that have some broken through the firewall.
McAfee is a longtime name in the world of PC security. These days the company sells four security products for home users: McAfee Antivirus Plus, Internet Security, Live Safe, and Total Protection. McAfee Total Protection, which along with other McAfee products, recently got an upgrade. McAfee says the new Total Protection packs improved anti-malware protection, and a uniform interface on both PC and Mac.
How To Fix Errors While Activating a McAfee Subscription
What’s the Problem?
People reported that they are unable to redeem & activate their McAfee security products using a retail card, or with a CD. For instance, when they attempt to install it from a CD or redeem a retail card, one of the following errors may appear in front of them during product activation:
- The website you went to contains no option to redeem your retail card.
- You have entered a McAfee Product Key that does not correspond to the country & language you selected.
- Invalid Activation Key.
- Activation Key already in use.
- Sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like the store from where you got the card forgot to activate your card. Request the store keeper to activate it, and then try again.
- Issues activating from a CD.
McAfee.com/activate is such an excellent security product that continuously gets appreciation by millions of customers for their device’s protection. In order to get best out of McAfee Antivirus security, today more and more customers want to install as well as activate this security suite. McAfee Activation support delivery of all the features incorporated in this suite, which is somehow difficult to get only by installation.
So if you are also trying to activate your McAfee but encounters errors while executing the process, don’t worry and simply call on toll-free McAfee Antivirus Activation Support Phone Number – +1-800-378-5521
What can be the Solution? how to fix mcafee errors ?
Try using the following Solutions according to your problem:
Problem 1: The website you went to contains no option to redeem your retail card.
Solution: You might have typed the wrong website URL to redeem your retail card. So check the retail card once again for the correct URL.
Problem 2: You have entered a McAfee Product Key that does not correspond to the country & language you selected.
Solution: Open the language drop-down list located at the top of the website to elect the country and language which match to the one that is specified on the retail card you purchased.
Problem 3: Invalid mcafee Activation Key
Solution: You may have typed the Activation key incorrectly. Try typing it once again. If you still see the Invalid Activation Code error, contact McAfee Technical Support for assistance.
Problem 4: Activation Key already in use
Solution: This error can display with an installation fails message if you are installing your McAfee security program to a second computer using the same retail card. So inform the professionals at McAfee Activation Key Support team about the matter.
Problem 5: Sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like the store from where you got the card forgot to activate your card. Request the store keeper to activate it, and then try again.
Solution: This issue encounters if the store from where you have bought your retail card failed to correctly activate the card. You must reach to the store so that it can activate the card for you.
Problem 6: Issues activating from a CD
Solution: Follow the steps given below:
- Put the CD in the drive of your device, the installation process begins automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install your McAfee activation
- Right-click on the McAfee icon located on your taskbar & select Activate now.
- Type the CD Key & click on mcafee.com/Activate.
A message showing ‘Activation Successful’ get display.
In case this method fails, download & run the McAfee Virtual Technician:
- Go to the Troubleshoot and Repair page.
- Click Download & Run.
- Save the mvt.exe file to your desktop if asked.
- Double-click on mvt.exe (or click Run) to start the MVT.
- Click on ‘Yes’ if prompted by Windows User Account Control to allow MVT to run.
- Wait for MVT to install, then initialize, and then update. This might take a few minutes.
MVT will then scans your PC for issues with your McAfee security product.
If issues get detect:
- Select Autofix, and follow the on-screen instructions to let MVT fix the problem.
- If MVT cannot troubleshoot the problem, contact McAfee Technical Support.
- If no issues is detected, close MVT.
Once MVT is done, try the update once again.
Hope the above instructions have helped you, if not or if having any other difficulty? Just dial the toll-free McAfee Antivirus Activation Support Number – +1-800-378-5521 to get it done by the certified professionals who are having years of experience in this field. The expert here can provide help for all issues including McAfee Antivirus Activation to Product Key encountering errors, and many others.